From a possible truce to persevering with assaults on Gaza’s Indonesian Hospital – listed here are the main updates.
Right here is the scenario on Tuesday, November 21, 2023:
- Untimely infants who had been evacuated from al-Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza after an Israeli assault arrived in Egypt on Monday for therapy and care. All 28 infants are preventing critical infections, based on a World Well being Group spokesperson.
- Hamas official Izzat al-Rishq instructed Al Jazeera on Monday that particulars of a truce settlement with Israel might be introduced within the coming hours.
- Japan is trying to hold direct talks with Yemen’s Houthi group after it hijacked an Israeli-linked ship within the Crimson Sea that’s operated by a Japanese agency. Tokyo mentioned on Monday that additionally it is urging the worldwide group to steer the rebels to launch the vessel and folks on board taken hostage.
- Activists in Italy hung an enormous Palestinian flag on the leaning tower of Pisa and lit smoke flares to protest towards Israel’s bombardment of Gaza on Monday.
- An Israeli strike on Hafsah faculty housing displaced Palestinians within the al-Falouja space, northern Gaza, has killed and wounded a number of individuals on Tuesday, based on Arab information outlet Al-Mayadeen.
Human Influence and Combating
- An Israeli strike on Nuseirat refugee camp on Monday has killed 20 individuals, based on our correspondent Tareq Abu Azzoum. Three Palestinians had been killed throughout bombing in Jabalia on Tuesday, reported one other Al Jazeera correspondent, Hani Mahmoud.
- Hezbollah mentioned it attacked a home utilized by Israeli troopers in Metulla in northern Israel on Tuesday.
- A complete of 83 mosques have been destroyed and one other 170 broken by Israeli air strikes throughout Gaza since October 7, Gaza’s media workplace mentioned on Tuesday.
- On Monday, Israeli households of captives taken by Hamas urged far-right lawmakers to drop a bill that that will make it simpler to make use of capital punishment towards Palestinian detainees. They contested that such a transfer would put their family members being held captive at larger threat.
- On Monday, about 25,000 individuals left northern Gaza by means of a “safe” corridor established by Israel, based on the most recent flash replace from the United Nations Workplace for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA). Heavy rains within the besieged enclave have worsened the scenario of displaced people who find themselves sleeping out within the open attributable to a scarcity of house in shelters.
- Palestinian poet and creator, Mosab Abu Toha, was detained by Israeli forces whereas attempting to go away Gaza, his family mentioned on Monday.
Scenario at Gaza’s hospitals
- The Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza was surrounded by Israeli tanks on Monday whereas artillery fireplace additionally killed 12 Palestinians within the advanced. Israeli snipers have been seen on the roofs of close by buildings whereas about 700 individuals, together with medical workers and sufferers, are contained in the hospital, based on medical sources.
- Indonesia’s international ministry mentioned on Monday that it has misplaced contact with three Indonesian college students volunteering on the hospital.
- Israeli operations continued at al-Shifa for the fifth consecutive day on Monday, based on the UN’s OCHA. As of Saturday, 19 well being employees and 259 sufferers remained at al-Shifa, based on Gaza’s Ministry of Well being.
- Coming to Israel’s defence, US Nationwide Safety Council spokesman John Kirby mentioned on Monday that Israel doesn’t need to “wipe the Palestinian individuals off the map”. He additionally took concern with the usage of the time period “genocide” by some critics of Israel’s actions in Gaza.
- The state of Qatar launched an announcement on Monday condemning Israel’s assault on the Indonesian Hospital “within the strongest phrases”. Expressing “full solidarity” with the Republic of Indonesia, Qatar’s international ministry additionally mentioned it will present help with political and authorized steps in the direction of coping with the “brutal crime” towards the hospital.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with the households of Israelis held captive in Gaza on Monday, based on the Instances of Israel. He mentioned he talked to the households about “the diplomatic, intelligence and operational efforts we’re main across the clock” the Instances reported.
- The European Union’s high diplomat Josep Borrell instructed 27 EU ministers that the creation of a Palestinian state is “the very best assure for Israel’s safety” on Monday. Borrell lately visited the Center East the place he met leaders of the Palestinian Authority, Israel and Qatar.